- Shoetopia Footwear Inc. is responsible for personal information under its control.
- We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
- All Shoetopia Footwear Inc. employees are responsible for day-to-day compliance.
- When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
2. Identifying Purposes
- Unless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the transaction in question, Shoetopia Footwear Inc. will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- The proposed purposes will be described in a reasonably understandable manner.
- An example of a self-evident purpose is requesting the name and address of the person placing an order in order to ensure proper delivery.
- If you become a Registered User then You choose what information you put in your profile, including contact and personal information.
- We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
- Shoetopia Footwear Inc. will not make your consent a requirement to the supply of a product or a service other than required in order to be able to supply the product or service.
- Consent can be express or, in some circumstances, implied, and given in writing, by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally (in person or by telephone), or by your conduct, such as use of a product or service.
- In determining the type of consent to obtain, Shoetopia will consider all relevant factors, including the sensitivity of the information and your reasonable expectations.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Shoetopia Footwear Inc. will inform you of the implications of doing so.
4. Children's Privacy
- Protecting children's privacy is important to us. It is not our intent to collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of sixteen. If you are under the age of sixteen, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under theage ofsixteen, we will remove that information as quickly as possible.
- Parents and legal guardians can withdraw consent to their child's participation and use of their personal information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Limiting Collection
- The collection of personal information by Shoetopia Footwear Inc. will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes which it identifies.
- We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
6. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
- It will be retained only as long as necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
- We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Shoetopia Footwear Inc. will protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of the following measures: physical (e.g., locked filing cabinets, restricted access, appropriate disposal of personal information), organizational (e.g., security clearances, access only on a "need to know" basis), technological (e.g., passwords, encryption) and training of employees.
- Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information will be made readily available to individuals.
10. Individual Access
- Upon request, Shoetopia will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information relating to you, and give you access to that information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.
- However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, this information will not be disclosed to you. Some examples of these circumstances are information that contains references to other individuals, that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under the age of eighteen, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of eighteen, we will remove that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a person under the age of eighteen, please contact email@example.com
What personal information does Shoetopia Footwear Inc. collect and how do you use it?
The type of personal information which we collect from you depends on the type of transaction involved:
Shoetopia Footwear Inc. may use how you shop and browse on our website in order to offer you recommendations for products and services from Shoetopia Footwear Inc. and other sources that are more relevant to your interests. Shoetopia Footwear Inc. uses the recommendation services of trusted third parties to offer you meaningful recommendations during the online experience. Shoetopia Footwear Inc. does not share any personal information with the third party service provider.
Retail In our store(s), Shoetopia Footwear Inc. will only collect and use such personal information as is necessary to process your transaction and to verify your identity when required. Customers may be asked to provide personal information when returning product which information is only used in the protection of Shoetopia Footwear Inc.'s business. You will also be asked for personal information when you enter into contests or promotions. Our privacy commitment in respect of such information is as is referenced above.
Contacting us and/or Challenging Compliance
For anything to do with this Policy, including questions or comments, or to challenge our compliance with this Policy, please contact us as follows:
Peter Mohr, President (and Privacy Officer)
Shoetopia Footwear Inc.
860 Tower Street South
Shoetopia will inform individuals who make enquiries or lodge complaints about its enquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
Of course, this Policy is subject to PIPEDA and/or any other applicable privacy laws and Shoetopia Footwear Inc.'s right to change it at any time.